Religious Education at St James aims to:
- Develop a strong foundation of the Christian faith through knowledge and understanding that includes Christian Beliefs and Values, The Bible, Old Testament Characters, the Life and Teachings of Jesus, Prayer and Worship, Saints, The Local Church, The Christian Community, Living out the Faith, Rites of Passage and Christian Festivals;
- Apply an understanding of Christianity to make reasoned and informed responses to life issues and moral choices;
- Develop some knowledge and understanding of the other main world faiths represented in the United Kingdom, applying an understanding of religion to develop respect, empathy and sensitivity towards all people;
- Enhance their spiritual, moral, social and cultural development;
- Develop the ability to reflect on their own beliefs, values and experiences and communicate issues of faith and truth;
- Develop skills of critical analysis and evaluation and the promotion of understanding of people from different faith backgrounds and none.
We also fully embed the Christian ethos in the community as a whole with regular prayer group meetings as well as a Faith committee which includes members of the Church, Parent representatives, Teaching body, TA representative and the Pupil voice. We are proud of our SIAMS 'Excellent' inspection.