Summer is great in London with so many Fun and FREE activities available. Here are a few suggestions.
- Look at www.familiesonline.co.uk for lots of information about things on free Southwark family activities during the summer holidays.
- For Y6 children only, FREE drama, music and dance summer programme, 23rd July -3rd August at Rye Oak Primary School. www.littlefishtheatre.co.uk
- Visit Coram’s Fields www.coramsfields.org
- Westminster City School Summer Festival Thursday 19th July 3-5.30pm, Arts and Crafts, Live music, food and competitions. Contact email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Wild Summer Holiday Tuesdays
Lots of activities for parents and children together. Learn about wildlife through fun activities.
Every Tuesday at Centre for Wildlife Gardening, 28 Marsden Road, SE15 4EE visit
- Family Learning Event
Outdoor games, kite making, story and walk, picnic in the park
Monday 23rd and Tuesday 24th July, 10am-1pm, at Thomas Calton Centre, Alpha St, SE15 4NX
Call 020 7358 2100 to book
- Family Fun Summer Holiday Club
Lots of exciting activities at different venues.
23rd July – 10th August
Call 079855973660 or email email@example.com
- Free Cycle Confident courses, at Burgess Park, www.cycleconfident.com/sponsors/southwark
Free entrance to a number of London venues if you have a Blue Peter Badge! If you haven’t got one why not apply for one: www.familiesonline.co.uk for details on how to apply.
- Southwark Park Cricket Club are running free training sessions for 9 - 11 year olds on Wednesdays from 5.30 - 7.00pm throughout the second summer term, starting from 6th June. The training is with a professional cricket coach and also offers further cricketing opportunities, like a half day holiday club and a tournament day. See the flyer below for details and contact Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org to enrol.
- We have been contacted by a company called 'SinginFrench.com' who offer singing sessions, two week courses and trips to France, all with the aim of learning a language through theatre and song. If you are interested, visit their website and/or click on the flyer information at the bottom of this page.
- Free Bikeability courses are being run by Southwark for beginners, intermediate off road and off road at both Dulwich and Burgess Parks. For full details see the flyer below, call 020303 16730 or follow the link here
- Southwark Borough residents are now able to use the swim and gym facilities for free in six of the borough’s leisure centres, operated by Everyone Active in partnership with Southwark Council. Registration is now open for Free Swim and Gym - follow the link to register: click here.
When is the offer available?
- Anytime on Friday (subject to programmes and timetables)
- Saturday and Sunday afternoons from 2.00pm to close
- Over 60s can take part in any Silver sessions free
- Disabled residents will be able to use all leisure centres for free seven days a week
We regularly attend St James' Church for services and every Wednesday we have a Church assembly at both schools.
Please visit Gary's Blog to find out the latest news from St James & St St Anne's Church.
Reception regularly visit Forest Schools at Russia Docks Environmental park - click below to find out more.