Nursery General Information
Click here to visit our page showing news on what Nursery are up to this term!
Our Nursery is based at St. James’ Church of England Primary School at Old Jamaica Road, Bermondsey, London SE16 4SU.
Our session times are from 9.00– 12.00am in the mornings and from 12.00 – 15.00 in the afternoons.
We are able to offer your child 15 hours of child care free each week from the term they become 3 years old. We also have provision for 3 and 4 year old 30 hour nursery for children with two working parents, - please contact the school to enquire about this.
Our Nursery Policy, supplementary form and information about free entitlement is provided in links at the bottom of this page.
The sessions consist of fully supportive free play and adult led activities. The children are encouraged to choose activities independently. The children have access to outside play during each session.
The aim of the Staff and Nursery is to:
- Provide a happy and caring environment in which each child is valued as an individual.
- Provide a safe and stimulating environment with quality care and education.
- Take into account the needs of each individual child arising from ability, language, race, culture and religion.
- We have strong ties with St James’ C of E School but attending Nursery does not guarantee your child a place at the school.
We recognise all children develop at different rates and aim to give equal opportunities to all the children by providing a full and varied range of activities within the Early Years Foundation Stage Framework.
The foundation stage covers the ages 0-5 years and covers seven areas of learning. These stages are:
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Understanding the world
- Expressive arts and designs
We support children with special needs by working in partnership with parents, carers and other professionals.
Each child is able to progress at his/her pace in all areas of development.
If you would like to discuss the ability of the Nursery to meet your child’s needs, or have concerns about any aspects of your child’s abilities, please talk to the Nursery teacher.
Telephone Number – 020 72373111 Option 2