Silver Award for healthy St James'!
We're very excited to have just received our Silver Healthy Schools award, recognising the work we do to ensure our pupils are aware of how to lead a healthy lifestyle.
We are now working towards our Gold Award to further promote and improve the health and well-being of everyone at St James'. Here are just some of the activities and initiatives we'll be enjoying at school over the next year:
- Philosophy for Children
- Projects on self-regulation and meta-cognition
- participation in the new Head First projects, promoting resilience in children
- Gardening and growing our own fresh fruit and vegetables
- Parent cookery courses
- Lessons following the Swedish 'Flavour School' model
- More extra-curricula sport activities and clubs